The New Year is here, but that doesn’t mean you’ve missed out on making a resolution. If you’re looking for some ideas on how to have a better 2017, here are five car safe resolutions to help make you a better driver.
- Cut out the distractions. With our world being so connected, it can be hard to turn it off, but turning your car into a distraction-free zone will let you focus completely on driving. In addition to putting away your phone, don’t eat behind the wheel, or do other things that take your attention from the road.
- Seatbelts for everyone. Tell everyone who rides in your car, that you have a strict seatbelt policy. Don’t start driving until everyone is buckled up.
- No drinking and driving. If your plans include alcohol, make sure you have a designated driver, or call for a taxi. Don’t take the risk of driving while intoxicated.
- Slow down. By driving the speed limit, not only will you be a safer driver, but you’ll save some fuel, too. Aggressive driving, which includes speeding is usually the biggest detriment to your efficiency.
- Keep up on maintenance. Get your oil changed and other routine maintenance done on time to preserve your car’s performance and help prevent major breakdowns.
We here at Gossett VW want to wish everyone a happy and safe 2017!